Often times in relationships we get complacent and just sort of roll with the punches. But do we have to sacrifice our own happiness just to save face by remaining in a loveless relationship? We all crave companionship and the need to be loved but at what cost? With every dead end relationship we suffer through, a bit of the happiness disappears, its better to walk away before you both hate each other and the damage to love again is irreversible.
5 Signs That You Need To Walk Away
- Frequent Arguments– in every relationship there will be arguments. There are healthy arguments that lead to discussions needed to help better the relationship but then there are arguments that just ensue because of resentment or bitterness towards one another, this is anything but healthy and no one benefits from that type of relationship. If these arguments lead to physical violence this is also a red flag that its time to walk away from the relationship.
- You Stop Caring– we know all to well those butterflies that we feel for someone in the beginning of a relationship, those intense feelings do fade over time but when you can’t stand the sight of your significant other or don’t care to do the things you normally would do with them, it’s a clear sign that its time to move on.
- You Start Keeping Secrets From Them– when starting a relationship we have some situations we may prefer to keep to ourselves, but there is a difference when you start doing things behind your significant others back. Whether its something small like staying at work late just to avoid going home to something big such as an affair, a secret is a secret and it can be detrimental to any relationship.
- You Shut Down– verbally (communication no longer exists), emotionally (you become nonchalant or cold), physically (you just don’t want to be touched by them or don’t have a desire to be around them), when you start feeling this way it’s a clear indictor that a relationship can’t continue.
- More Crying, Than Smiling– when the person you once loved can no longer bring a smile to your face, its time to reevaluate things. Sure there will be times when you aren’t smiling, that’s normal but if that smile has permanently left your face its time for you to do the same.
Relationships are hard work but it has to be for the right reasons with the right person. You can’t force happiness and we all deserve to be happy!