Happy Independence Day
July 4th 2013
4th of July is right around the corner, so let’s kick the summer off right with some great party ideas
Summertime is here and it’s time to celebrate with your family and friends. Here are a couple of ideas to help you do it right. Whether your going to the park for a picnic, hosting a patriotic BBQ or going to the beach, these are all ideas you can take with you.
For those of you who have kids this is the perfect treat to create together and if you don’t have kids, its perfect if you love pretzels.
First on our list is:
Patriotic Chocolate-Covered Pretzels
Here is what you’ll need:
- Pretzel Rods
- Wilton Candy Melts or another brand
- Red, White & Blue Sprinkles
1. Melt your chocolates according to instructions. Wilton calls for 1 minute on the defrost setting, then stir thoroughly. Follow with 30 second intervals until chocolate is completely melted. I use a tall glass for melting since I need something to accommodate pretzel rods.
2. Dip the pretzel rod in the chocolate and with the help of a spoon, cover more of the rod. I spin it a couple times over the glass when done to “shake” off extra chocolate.
3. With a spoon, drop the sprinkles over the chocolate, spinning the pretzel. (I wanted to say sprinkle the sprinkles, but that sounds ridiculous!) Use a dish underneath to catch the extra sprinkles. You can use them in the serving jar as decoration.
And Wah lah!! Delicious chocolate covered Patriotic pretzels!!!
Recipe source: www.celebrateeverydaywithme.com
Next on our list is:
Skinny Berry Parfaits
These patriotic parfaits are a wonderful light dessert for your Fourth of July gathering. They are simple to put together and make a lovely presentation.
1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries
2 cups fresh blueberries
1 cup ricotta cheese (I use whole milk ricotta)
8 oz cream cheese
1 tbsp raw honey
3 tbsp granulated stevia (I love Stevia in the Raw brand)
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tbsp lemon zest
1 tsp vanilla extract
Blend all ingredients (except berries) in a large mixing bowl until well combined. I use my stand mixer and blend on medium for a couple of minutes. Starting with the raspberries, layer the berries with the filling ending with the blueberries on top in a tall parfait glass. Chill for a few hours and serve.
Recipe Source: www.ameessavorydish.com
No Party would be complete without some delicious moist cupcakes!
Red, White and Blue Cupcakes…Of course!!
Betty Crocker has a great recipe
- 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® white cake mix
- -Water, vegetable oil and egg whites called for on cake mix box
- 3/4 cup seedless red raspberry jam
- 3 containers (12 oz each) Betty Crocker® whipped fluffy white frosting
- 1 teaspoon intense red paste food color
- 1/4 teaspoon royal blue paste food color
- -Betty Crocker® Decorating Decors red, white and blue stars
- Coarse white sparkling sugar, if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Place red, white or blue paper baking cup in each of 24 regular size muffin cups.
- Make cake mix as directed on box for cupcakes, using water, oil and egg whites. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons raspberry jam to each cup; cut through batter with toothpick for swirled effect. Bake 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove cupcakes from pans to cooling racks. Cool completely.
- Tint 1 container frosting with red food color; tint second container with blue food color. Leave third container white. Spoon each color of frosting into separate decorating bag fitted with large round tip. Pipe frosting as desired onto cupcakes. Sprinkle with stars and sparkling sugar.Enjoy!!
Recipe Source: www.bettycrocker.com
Now, after all that food you’re going to need a drink…right?!